In the period from May 22 to June 6, 2021, the First e-sports Tournament among medical and pharmaceutical universities in Russia “Doctors Also Play Games” was held. The organizer of the competition was the First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M. Sechenov. The tournament was presented in 5 disciplines: Dota 2 (team strategy), CS:GO (team, tactical shooter), Hearthstone (individual puzzle), Hearthstone Battlegrounds (individual puzzle), Legends of Runeterra (individual puzzle).
The main goal of conducting cybersport games is to form the correct approach to the training process within the framework of computer sports among young people and the organization of active leisure for students.
350 students from 21 Russian universities took part in the cybersport games. There were live broadcasts for 54 hours. The total number of views of the broadcasts is 35,000.
According to the results of the tournament “Doctors Also Play Games”, the team of Kursk State Medical University in the Dota 2 discipline took the third place, losing to the teams from Perm State Medical University and Privolzhsky Research Medical University.
The honor of the university was defended by:
- Pivovar Vladislav Vladimirovich student of the MFC KSMU SO 31;
- Komarov Dmitry Alexandrovich student of the pediatric faculty;
- Mishchenko Pavel Sergeevich student of the pediatric faculty;
- Besedin Alexander Stanislavovich student of the medical faculty;
- Fedin Danil Valentinovich student of the Faculty of Preventive Medicine.
We congratulate our cybersportsmen with a successful performance and wish them further victories!