Kursk State Medical University together with leading universities of the region won the competitive selection of higher education organizations in order to conduct acceleration programs of supporting project teams and student initiatives to form innovative products.
The collective application of SWSU, KSMU and KSAA was highly appreciated and supported by the competition commission, as a result of which the first accelerator of technological startups INNOVSTART for student teams will be launched in Kursk.
The goals of the INNOVSTART acceleration program are the development of the technological student startup community in the Kursk region, launch of new technological startups and innovative products on the regional market, as well as further communication between student technology teams and interaction with authorities, business community, industrial partners and development institutions at the regional and federal levels within the framework of the created educational and consulting platform.
The main tasks that the INNOVSTART acceleration program is aimed at:
– Identification of students of universities in the region engaged in innovation and technology activities and interested in improving competencies in the field of technological entrepreneurship to launch their own technological startups;
– Activation of the participation of the most interested students and student technology start-up teams of the region in the acceleration of their own technology start-ups for subsequent access to federal grants, pilot launch with industrial partners and venture capital financing;
– Training students and student technology start-up teams of the region in the skills and competencies of innovative technological design, as well as the development of competencies and skills necessary for technological entrepreneurship;
– Formation of a competitive environment and conditions for the realization of scientific and innovative technological potential of students and student technological start-up teams of the region through their participation in the acceleration program;
– Tracking and accumulation of information about the success stories of students and student technology startup teams of the region launching their own technology startups to replicate the experience of implementing innovative projects.
Research and Innovation Center of KSMU