- FACULTY OF MEDICAL AND PEDIATRIC - Dean - Kharchenko Vladimir Vasilievich
- FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGICAL - Dean - Professor Drozdova Irina Leonidovna
- FACULTY OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, SOCIAL WORK, ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT - Dean - Professor Vasilenko Tatyana Dimitrevna
- FACULTY OF DENTAL, PREVENTIVE MEDICAL & HIGHER NURSING EDUCATION - Dean - Professor BROVKINA Inna Leonidovna
- FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION - Acting Dean - Associate Professor Gavrilyuk Vasily Petrovich
- FACULTY OF CONTINUING EDUCATION - Dean - Candidate of Psychological Sciences - KUZNETSOVA Alesya Anatolyevna
- INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL INSTITUTE - Director of International Medical Institute - Associate Professor - Chahine Mohamad Toufic
- MEDICAL PHARMACEUTICAL COLLEGE - Director - SAVELYEVA Natalya Nikolaevna
THE MEDICAL AND PEDIATRIC FACULTIES
The Medical faculty was founded by the resolution of the Council of People’s Commissars of the RSFSR No.80 of 9 February 1935 on the opening of the medical institute in Kursk.
During the last years the annual admission to the budgetary basis of training is 220 persons and up to 210 persons to the commercial basis.
17650 physicians have been trained at the Medical faculty during 75 years. Many of the faculty’s graduates have become candidates and doctors of sciences, honored physicians, well-known scientists and organizers in health. Among them are academicians Annenkov G.I., Astafiev V.I., Bykovsky A.F., Nikolaev-Menshikov V.N., Skripkin Yu.K., Skobelkin O.K. and others.
The Pediatric faculty has a 12 year history. However, the preparation of pediatricians at KSMU has glorious traditions. Over 30 years future pediatricians were trained in clinical internship or residency. To-day 249 students study on a budgetary basis and 182 – on a commercial basis.
Instruction at the faculty is provided at 46 departments by 45 professors and 64 associate professors, including the leading university teachers – professor L.G. Prokopenko, professor P.V. Kalutsky, professor N.G. Filippenko, professor N.A. Bystrova, associate professor I.A. Okhotnikov and others.
The Medical and Pediatric faculties are headed by the dean – DSc, professor, head of the human anatomy department Kharchenko Vladimir Vasilievich.
Since September2012 the Pediatric faculty has become a part of the dean’s office of the Medical faculty which provides organization and management functions.
THE PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGICAL FACULTY
The Pharmaceutical faculty of KSMU, founded in 1996 is one of the oldest and leading in Russia. The organizer of the faculty was the rector of the medical institute professor N.F. Krutko, whose initiative was related to the need of the regions of Central Russia in highly qualified pharmaceutical personnel. The first dean of the new dean’s office became an associate professor at that time, now an honored scientist of the RF, high achiever in healthcare, DSc, professor, honored professor of KSMU L.G. Prokopenko.
Training of engineers in the specialty “Biotechnology” began at KSMU in 1992 in view of regional demand in highly qualified staff for medical industry. The basic purpose of the faculty was training of specialists – engineers in the area of microbial and bioorganic synthesis.
In 1996 a degree granting department of Chemical Technology of biologically active substances was founded, subsequently it was renamed to the department of Biological and Chemical Technology. Doctor of Biological Sciences,professor Lyudmila PetrovnaLazurina is the organizer and the first head of the graduate department of Biological and Chemical Technology.
In 1997 the Biological faculty became a separate structure.
From 1997 to 2012 the faculty was headed by Doctor of Biological Sciences, professor L. P. Lazurina.
In 2012 the pharmaceutical and biotechnological faculties were joined together. Currently the dean of the faculty is Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, professor of the department of pharmacognosy and botany Drosdova Irina Leonidovna.
THE FACULTY OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY, SOCIAL WORK, ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
The dean’s office integrates 3 areas of training (social work, economics, management) and speciality “Clinical Psychology”.
The dean of the faculties — the head of the department of General and Clinical Psychology, Doctor of Psychological Sciences — Vasilenko T.D.
The faculty of Social Work has been functioning at KSMU since 1991, the faculty of Economics and Management – since 1993 (in 2014 it was renamed to the faculty of Economics and Management), training in the area of “Management” began in 2013, the faculty of clinical Psychology — in 1999.
Vice deans are: in the area of “Social Work” and “Economics” — Zabelina Natalia Vasilievna, in the area of “Management” and in the speciality “Clinical Psychology” – Zemzyulina Irina Nikolaevna.
THE FACULTY OF STOMATOLOGY, PREVENTIVE MEDICINE AND HIGHER NURSING EDUCATION
The Dental faculty was founded in 1997 at Kursk State Medical University.
The Medical and Preventative Care faculty was established at KSMU in 1998 as a part of the medical faculty headed by DSc, professor A.I. Konoplya. But already in 1999 the faculty became an independent structure subdivision of the university.
The Higher Nursery faculty was organized at KSMU in 1992 as a part of the medical faculty. In 1994 the faculty of Medical Psychology and Higher Nursery was founded, professor A.I. Lazarev was elected the dean of this faculty, in 1999 Doctor of medical sciences professor Yu.D. Lyashev was elected the new dean of the faculty. Since 2006 the dean of the higher nursing faculty has been Doctor of medical sciences professor Inna Leonidovna Brovkina.
In 2012 the decision to combine free faculties within one dean’s office was made. The newly formed dean’s office of the faculties of Dental, Medical and Preventative Care and Higher Nursery Education was headed by Doctor of medical sciences professor I.L. Brovkina.
Inna Leonidovna Brovkina is Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the department of sports medicine and therapeutic physical training at Kursk State Medical University, the dean the faculties of Dental, Medical and Preventative Care and Higher Nursery Education.
THE POST-GRADUATES EDUCATION FACULTY
СLINICAL RESIDENCY (SPECIALITIES)
The period of study is two years and more
- Allergy and immunology
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Communication Hygiene
- Dietetics (Hygiene of feeding)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family medicine (practice)
- Forensic Medicine
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- General surgery
- Hygiene of children
- Infection diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Medical-social expertise
- Occupational Medicine
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Physical and sports medicine
- Public health
- Plastic surgery
- Psychiatry Narcology
- Public Health
- Radioendovascular Medicine
- Traumatology and orthopedic surgery vThoracic surgery
- Dentist surgery
- Dentist therapy
- Dentistry of children
THE FACULTY OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
The Faculty of the continuing education was founded in KSMU by the order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No.16-21/234 of April 9, 1997and today it has the status of a faculty of the continuing education for the academic teaching staff of higher and secondary specialized education institutions.
The main objective of the Faculty of the continuing education is advancing the pedagogical excellence of the university professors by means of mastering modern educational technology aimed at upgrading the education/bringing-up process.
Thematic priorities of the Faculty of the continuing education
Thematic priorities of the Faculty of the continuing education
- Higher education management: a thematic cycle for the heads of departments and professors.
- The basics of educational work in higher school: thematic cycle for young teachers as school of pedagogical excellence with further assessment of young teachers.
- Psychological and pedagogical thematic cycles for mastering new information technology.
- Cycles on education work in the university for tutors of student groups: psychological and pedagogical aspects of individual education work in the university.
- Cycles on management and organization of the educational process; new information technology in education; theory and practice of computing.
- Special improvement cycles on current pedagogical problems (paperwork management in departments, scientific management of the educational process, heads of departments, etc.)
- Cycle on Project management.
- Cycle on Organizational Time-Life management
- Cycle on Individual Time-Life management (personnel reserve).
- Cycle on Technology of efficiency estimation of cooperation in educational structures.
- Cycle on Communication models in the educational process: dialogical and monological forms.
- Cycles on Self-presentation Technology.
- Cycles for the teaching staff of other universities and colleges (under the contracts)
- Individual counseling of the teaching staff about the development of different training aids.
DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL INSTITUTE
Content Under Construction
MEDICAL PHARMACEUTICAL COLLEGE