Kursk State Medical University (KSMU) offers a general medicine program. The medical degree, which is designed to meet the General Medical Council’s expectations. The curriculum offers six-year program and the graduates will receive a Degree in General Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Physician in General Medicine which is equivalent of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
The purpose-built research facilities within the campus provide the infrastructure and academic environment to ensure the sustained development and expansion of medical research of current challenges and future benefits. The school fosters interdisciplinary collaboration between medics and scientists and is superbly equipped for teaching, research and conference use.
The program is platformed to train qualified physicians oriented to the practice of medicine. Standardized patients are used to evaluate medical students and resident’s ability to communicate with patients, to take patient histories and determine diagnosis and treatment.
Types of professional activity for which graduates of the general medicine program are preparing:
- psychological and pedagogical
- organizational and management
The graduates of the general medicine programs are ready to solve the following professional tasks:
- prevention of the occurrence of diseases among the population through preventive and anti-epidemic measures;
- conducting preventive medical examinations, medical examinations, dispensary observation;
- collection and medical-statistical analysis of information on health indicators of the population of various age-gender groups characterizing their health status;
- diagnosis of diseases and pathological conditions of patients;
- diagnosis of emergency conditions;
- pregnancy diagnosis;
- examination of temporary disability and participation in other types of medical expertise;
- the provision of primary medical health care on an outpatient basis and in an inpatient setting;
- the provision of primary medical care for sudden acute diseases, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases that are not accompanied by a threat to the patient’s life and do not require emergency medical care;
- participation in the provision of emergency medical care in conditions requiring urgent medical intervention;
- medical assistance in emergency situations, including participation in medical evacuation;
- participation in medical rehabilitation and spa treatment;
psychological and pedagogical activity:
- the formation of motivation among the population, patients and members of their families aimed at preserving and strengthening their health and the health of others;
- teaching patients the basic hygiene measures of a health nature that contribute to the prevention of diseases and promote health;
organizational and management activities:
- application of the basic principles of the organization of medical care in medical organizations and their structural divisions;
- creation of favorable conditions in medical organizations for the stay of patients and labor activities of medical personnel;
- maintaining medical records in medical organizations; organization of medical examination;
- participation in the organization of quality assessment of medical
- patient care;
- compliance with basic information security requirements;
- analysis of scientific literature and official statistical surveys, participation in statistical analysis and public presentation of the results;
- participation in the solution of individual research and scientific and applied problems in the field of health care for diagnostics, treatment, medical rehabilitation and prevention.
Qualification : Physician in General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine)
Duration : 6 Years